How We Can Help
We provide free legal services for low income residents of Chatham-Kent
We can help with your problems with:
- Affidavits and Notary Services
- Debt and Consumer Rights
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP-Disability or regular CPP)
- Employment law (employment standards, employment insurance, wrongful dismissal)
- Health and Disability
- Housing law (tenants or co-op members only; evictions, repairs)
- Human Rights
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP; appeals and problems once you are getting it)
- Ontario Works (OW; appeals and problems once you are getting it)
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Small Claims Court
- Victims of Crime
- Wills and Powers of Attorney
We also give legal information presentations to community agencies and members of the public.
If we can’t help you, we will try to refer you to someone who can.
We can’t help you with . . .
- Criminal law problems
- Family law problems
- Refugee law problems
- Immigration law problems
Click on the links above for information on how to get help with these problems.
How We Help
We start with advice for your problem. Some people need more help than just advice so then we consider providing other services for you. Sometimes we will help you by preparing documents (for example, an application to the Landlord and Tenant Board).
And sometimes we can represent you in a court or at a tribunal, such as the Social Benefits Tribunal or the Landlord and Tenant Board.