Specialty Legal Clinics
- Aboriginal Legal Services
- Advocacy Centre for Tenants Ontario
ACTO has a provincial mandate to advance and protect the interests of low-income tenants, specializing in housing issues related to tenants in Ontario.
- Advocacy Centre for the Elderly (ACE)
Provides legal services to low-income seniors, public legal education, and engages in law reform activities in areas of law of special importance to the seniors’ population.
- ARCH: A Legal Resource Centre for Persons with Disabilities
- Black Legal Action Centre
- Canadian Environmental Law Association
- Centre for Spanish Speaking Peoples (In Spanish and English)
- Chinese and Southeast Asian Legal Clinic
- Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO)
Produces clear language legal material. Main topics include social assistance, landlord and tenant law, refugee and immigration law, workers’ compensation, women’s issues, family law, employment insurance and human rights.
- HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario
- Income Security Advocacy Centre (ISAC)
Works with and on behalf of low-income communities to address issues of income security and poverty.
- Industrial Accident Victims Group of Ontario
- Injured Workers Community Legal Clinic
- Justice for Children and Youth (JFCY)
Provides legal services for young people under 18 and homeless youth under 25 in Ontario.
- Landlord’s Self Help Centre
Also see listing under “Legal Services, Advice and Information” section.
- South Asian Legal Clinic
- Toronto Workers’ Health and Safety Legal Clinic
Provides free legal services to workers without a union facing employment and/or health and safety legal issues in Ontario.